Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Readings

I find the idea of project based learning facinating and fun. I enjoy it. The catch is that I'm learning as a teacher my students will be polar opisites of me sometimes. I understand that special needs children as well as some cultural backgrounds do not respond well to a lack of direct instruction. Will these constructivist theories hurt or hinder them? I have also had a lot of experience in group projects and rarely find them fair. The simple truth is that some students just don't care about the subject while others do. And do you let students pick their own groups? Or do you assign them? What are the criteria when you assign?

I think the idea of constructivist project based learning is amazing, I just want to make sure that when I employ it, it works for all my students.

No comments:

Post a Comment